Dedication

This blog is dedicated to all the children who need someone to listen when they speak.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Just like an elephant's tail!

Year's ago while working at a local preschool/daycare I had one little guy who absolutely LOVED animals. He knew more about animals as a preschooler than most of us will ever know. So it is in this context that I relate this story!

I wear my hair in a braid that hangs down my back most days and on this particular day he was sitting beside me outside on a bench during playtime. He had been discussing animals with me and all of the sudden turned to look at me with a big smile on his face. He reached up and touched my braid and said, "I just love your hair. It looks just like an elephant's tail." I told him thank you and just took that compliment in the spirit in which it was given!

2 comments:

  1. Jill,

    Next time I see you, I'll remind you of this. :) The little man has sharp eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL This little guy was so sweet and he was giving me the best compliment he could think of. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete