Dedication

This blog is dedicated to all the children who need someone to listen when they speak.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Do you have powdered sugar on your face?

As all mothers know, getting out of the house with everyone clean and ready can be a chore some days. I had both girls ready and went to brush my teeth. When I returned my preschooler had powdered sugar all over her face and was sitting in a chair at the kitchen table smiling sweetly. The donut box was sitting on the table and no powdered sugar was anywhere on the table. I asked her if she had eaten a donut and she said, "No, see my hands are clean." She held up her hands and showed me that they were spotless. I asked her again and she gave me the same answer adding that the table was clean also. Looking at that sweet little face covered in powdered sugar let me know that even the sweetest child can tell you what they want you to hear! I picked her up and took her to the bathroom where I held her up to look in the mirror. I didn't say a word. Smiling she turned to look in the mirror and saw where she had forgotten to wipe! Tears immediately began to fall as she said, "Don't pank me, don't pank me!" I have always wondered what the world would look like if all of our temptations would be covered with powdered sugar.

1 comment: