Dedication

This blog is dedicated to all the children who need someone to listen when they speak.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Playing house isn't what it used to be.

One day while monitoring the Kindergarten students at lunch time I overheard a group talking about "playing house". I decided I better listen up to what exactly they were planning. Each one had a role to play; Daddy, Step-mom, daughter, son and Mom. When I asked what they would do here is how they described a family. Sad and, sometimes, oh so true.

The Daddy did all the cooking. (This did NOT sound true to life to me but they all nodded their heads and agreed!) The Step-mom was the boss. I was told that SHE tells everyone what to do. The children did all the normal things and did what the Step-mom said to do. When I asked what the Mom did one little guy told me, "She stays home and is sad." To which they all nodded their heads and looked sad.

Not really a funny story today but one that gives a picture of how children today view family and family relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment